Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Tragedies

Tragedies are so terrible to encounter in life. Additionally, once encountered, most tragedies, whether it be mental or physical, are hard to overcome. Personally, I've encountered a mental tragedy to where I had to witness my parents divorce. After the divorce happened I felt that I had to choose, between the two, which parent I would more appeal to. The constant back and forth between each parent just took a mental toll on me; however, I stayed optimistic because I still got to see each parent. I didn't choose to see the cons about it. On the other hand, there were some pros to the divorce. Not only do I believe it made each parent happier, it allowed me and my siblings to enjoy every holiday twice! That meant double the Christmas presents, double the Thanksgiving meal, and what ever other holiday/birthday was celebrated. However, don't get me wrong, I would NEVER wish any of my peers to witness their parents go through a divorce, it's just terrible.

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot has to do with one's age as well. If parents divorce while the child is young it may feel tragic but the child would understand less. If the parents divorced like mine when I was 18, it can seem more tragic in different ways because you understand what is happening but sometimes not why. I felt that it would have been easier as a child to witness it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly amazes me that you stayed positive while most others in this situation would think negative. It also makes me a bit jealous that you get to spend both of my favorite holidays twice, that's got to be great haha.

    ReplyDelete