Saturday, September 19, 2015
Heroes in modern societies
In modern societies we view the term "hero" differently then how it was viewed in ancient societies. In the past, the term "hero" referred to an individual who went a some journey and/or defeated a monster in order to save someone , like a damsel in distress. Many people viewed said individual as a role model, someone you would look up to and strive to be. When viewing the term today the role model part has kept up with the times; however, the whole defeating a monster and saving a town is not quite as prevalent as it use to be. Since the term has gained different meanings over time, mostly any individual can be termed as a "hero", for example, a parent, another family member, teacher, or even a neighbor. As I personally stated in another blog, my hero is my mother and that will never change. What is your view on the modern day hero? Also, who is your hero?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The term hero is still sort of the same when comparing past and present. The only difference is that villains are more fancy. Compare Green Goblin to an ancient antagonist and we will see the difference. I respect your opinion of your hero, my mother is my main motivator so I feel the same as you do.
ReplyDeleteMatthew, I decided to read some more of your posts because I like the way you write. I think you have a talent in this area. Being a great writer is a great attribute to have. Even if you don't choose to pursue writing as a career, this skill comes in handy in almost every job and a lot of other situations also.
ReplyDelete