In today's society, erotic items, such as advertisements, are everywhere; however, most of the messages the erotic items give off are subliminal so only those who know exactly what to look for, and know what they mean, can understand it to be erotic. On the other hand, just recently I learned that not all erotic items or messages are straight to the point sexual, which most people think it is. The term erotic means something that can bring about sexual feelings or desires, so in this case one could see a picture of a half naked man or woman and think it to be erotic. Additionally, eroticism and sex can be perceived as two different things when it comes to emotions. Personally, when I look at eroticism I believe that eroticism has more of an emotional connection than just sex. You can have sex just to have sex, but when it comes to eroticism between two individuals both need to be involved and have emotion behind what each individual is doing. However, that is just my opinion, what do you think??
I think you are correct. The hidden is very erotic, but not so sexual.
ReplyDeleteI hadn't put much thought of the subject towards advertisement, but it's definitely prevalent in today's society. It's escalated from chuckle worthy subliminal aspects to full on "wow, how are they even allowed to do that?" Hardee's is the worst about it haha
ReplyDelete