Now, it is only human that everyone learns differently. There is always something new that someone can learn everyday. For this assignment, we were to pick two of our colleagues and talk about what they thought was the most important thing they learned from the course. So, the two individuals I chose to talk about were Amber Pate and Heather Cook.
Just like me, Amber believed that the course would be a typical English course stating, "I expected it to be learning how to [write] a paper and then to write a bunch of them". Additionally, she was just as shocked when she found out that the course was flipped. She stated that she "never been in a classroom setting where everything was flipped", as well as, "... it was easier for me to ask questions and stay on track with the classroom". Furthermore, Amber liked how we used Google and all its different features throughout the course. What Amber learned from this English course was that it "doesn't have to be reading a bunch of books to write papers" and that "it is easier to write a paper if you are truly interested in the topic".
Just like Amber, Heather enjoyed learning about the different tools Google had to offer saying that "it [makes] [it] so easy to collaborate with classmates and I like how it automatically saves your work". I agree with both Amber and Heather, Google and its several tools really did help a lot during this course. Furthermore, the most important thing Heather took from this course was that she "[has] this!". Heather describes that this was the first class she has taken "in almost 10 years", so when she came back to school to take classes she was nervous. Good for you, Heather! It's great that even after so many years, you strived to continue with your education.
Personally, this English class has been one of my favorites. From this class, I've learned how to better myself with my poor time management skills and I plan to apply it to further courses.
I thought that the class would be easy fro me because I typically do not have problems with English or Literature classes. It was somewhat difficult at times because I am not good with computers. I did enjoy it though.
ReplyDelete