Friday, October 2, 2015

The Changing Tides of Life

Life is full of many different experiences. Many can be good experiences; however, most can also be terrible, both have the capability to be life changing. One of the most impactful changes in my life, more or less a decision, was when I decided what I wanted to get my degree in.
In my first year of college, I was going to major in Biology, hopefully to be a Veterinarian; however, I took a class at West Georgia, my second semester, which made me rethink my choices on what I wanted to major in. In effect, transferring over here to Middle Georgia, I changed my major to something that I have always been good at ever since I was a toddler.
My new major is Information Technology and my concentration is between Gaming Development or Cyber Forensics. I've always loved gaming but I also like puzzles and challenges. Thankfully, the program here is generous enough to allow me to take classes in both sections just to see which one I would be more interested in.
This is only one change in my life, a good one I might add. I know that down the road life will throw curve balls at me to where I have to make a decision that could have a permanent effect on my life. Even though that frightens me a bit, I look forward to what the future holds for me.

4 comments:

  1. Finding what we want to study and get your degree in when going to college is a very daunting task indeed. Mainly because a college degree takes time and money to earn and if we major wrong in the future after college, we tend to fall of the bunk at that point. So good on you for giving yourself options to be on the way to doing what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that you have your major narrowed down. I have had six majors, I am hoping that my current two, (Associate in Psychology and BS in Health Science with a Focus on Sport's Management) are my last. I am very indecisive, and have a hard time fully committing to anything because am afraid something better will come along.
    i hope that one or both of your majors work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. Before I started here I was at CGTC majoring in Surgical Technology. Unfortunately, I had to switch because I still had seizures. I switched to business and finished that in 2 years then transferred here. My seizures are under control so now I am back in the health care field. Thank God

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its great you actually know what you want to experience in life sometimes tho you have to experience something to know what you really what to do. When i went to Fort Valley State University I was majoring in Biology , but after transferring I changed it to nursing . So sometimes change is good . I think I would have liked the Biology but i think I love the nursing better.

    ReplyDelete